Sunday, February 19, 2012

Great Sunday Supper

Well, although I DID make some bread today, it was the same Whole Wheat Bread that I made a few days ago, so I didn't take photos of it. But it came out just as wonderful as it did last time. I said then that it would be a staple around here, and I didn't lie. But what I DID do different, is make supper based on a couple of GREAT recipes I found on other people's blogs. I was a little rushed for time due to evening services at church, so I only have one photo. That being from the finished product on my plate just before I devoured it. :)  But I do have links to the other blogs where the recipes came from, and you can find a lot of photos, and the recipes there.

The main course was Crispy Cheddar Chicken from Jamie's blog site "Jamie Cooks It Up!". This is a wonderful recipe, and very easy to make. It didn't require as much cheese or Ritz as was called for, and I think next time I make it, I'll combine the cheese & Ritz before rolling the chicken in it. Everyone here loved it, and it was a real favorite of my granddaughter and my wife.

The second dish I made tonight was The Best Broccoli of Your Life recipe posted by Adam Roberts on the Amateur Gourmet web site. And like the site states, it's the best broccoli of your life! My daughter, who isn't a fan of any vegetables "loved it!". My three year old granddaughter even liked it! It was truly a delicious dish, not too difficult to prepare, and one I WILL be making again!

The third dish I made was roasted rosemary potatoes. This didn't come from anyone else's recipe, except that a similar recipe has been around for years. This came from me not being satisfied with the results I've had trying to do this in the oven ONLY. So here's what I did:

I started with four medium to small russet potatoes, washed and peeled them, then cut them up into "french fry" size strips. I then piled these onto a microwave safe plate, and covered them with a plastic splatter guard. I microwaved them for 8 minutes on HIGH to pre-cook them before I finished them in the oven. I let them cool down, and put them into a bowl, where I added about 2 Tbl. of evoo, and about 2 tsp. dried rosemary. Mix to coat well, and spread out onto a foil lined baking sheet. Pre-cooking them in the microwave allowed me to cook them at the same time as I cooked the Crispy Cheddar Chicken above. I also cooked the Broccoli the same temperature as the chicken, but removed them after about 25 minutes.

Share the Love by signing up for and sharing my blog with your friends!

Until next time, Happy Baking!
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment